X-links is a heavily modified fork of ExLinks with many improvements and added features. It works on Firefox and Chrome browsers to make your Sad Panda threads more productive. The following images showcase some of its features.
Installation (Firefox 57+)
- Make sure you have either Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey.
- Install the userscript by clicking the big install link above.
If you have a version of Firefox earlier than 57, you can use Greasemonkey 3.17.
Greasemonkey 4+ is currently not supported.
- Filtering - Apply custom highlighting rules based on the title, tags, and uploader of a gallery, similar to 4chan-x filtering.
- Easy List - An easy way to display every link in the thread with its full details. This lets you skip the drama of a thread.
- Custom link list - Available through the Easy List, you can input a list of custom links to display. This is useful for those times when a pastebin link is posted.
- Extended gallery info - Namespaces are now displayed on the tags after the hovering details of a gallery are displayed.
- Additional URL linkification - Links from nhentai.net and hitomi.la are also linkified and displayed, just like the e*hentai.org sites.
- ExSauce for JPEG* - ExSauce now works for colored .jpg images, but only on Firefox. Tampermonkey's GM_xmlhttpRequest API is not compatible enough to support this.
- Theme detection - Dark site themes can now be detected and element styling will be updated accordingly.
- Support for additional sites - In addition to 4chan, X-links also works on some of the 4chan archives, 8chan, and the E-Hentai forums.
- Cross-site settings - Settings are now preserved across websites, http/https, and incognito mode.
- Extensions - Custom linkification, display, settings, and detail previews can be created using the Extension API.
- Styling - Improved styling on many elements, including things like better contrast and detail hovering positioning.
- Post inlining - Post controls, such as the actions box that appears when clicking the [Ex] button, now work properly in inlined replies.
- Error information - Failed gallery fetches now display the error message the server gave rather than just "Invalid Gallery Key".
- Resource loading deferred - ExLinks inserts a web font on page load, even if there are no relevant links on the page. X-links defers this until it's needed and has an option to disable it.
- Less API requests - ExLinks will always re-check the ehentai API when it encounters malformed links. X-links caches these errors so that this won't need to happen too often.
- Better cache control - The cache can now be more easily debugged with the addition of a no-cache option and a button to clear the cache.
- Namespace prefixing - Styles, attributes, ids, and saved settings are now prefixed to make any potential name conflicts more rare.
- Removed settings - Several settings have been removed as they were redundant, unnecessary, or should be something that the script should account for.
- Obsolete features - Removed support for 4chan Style Script and some elements that no longer work correctly with OneeChan.
If something seems to be failing, make sure all of your software is up to date. Then, when something else goes wrong, file an issue request.